Thursday 18 September 2014

Research #3

Whilst I was looking particle animations that were produced using 2D software, I came across a series of .gif images which I found to be very interesting. These animations are based on elemental changes, such as water freezing and bolts of energy dancing. A copy of the images can be found below:










The creator of these animations say's that these were created by using flash exported into a sprite sheet with Zoe and optimized in Photoshop with the intention of using them in a mobile game. The creator of these effects has also split these in to categories such as projectile, impact and emanating effects.

After looking at particle effects and how can be created in 2D instead of 3D I think I'll centre my project around this. This is due to finding them to be extremely interesting, visually appealing and hopefully an enjoyable project to work upon.  These effects can be found at https://www.behance.net/gallery/3030623/2d-Effects-Animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment